Who doesn’t love a fresh cookie, yet when we’re trying to “be good” many of our favourite treats become temptations we struggle to resist. Cookies, like so many snacks, are laden with wheat and sugar so they’re not only bad for our waist-line, but also our health.
What if we could have a cookie that was wheat-free and sugar-free? Surely that would be bland and unappetising? Think again; a healthy lifestyle doesn’t mean we’re subjected to tasteless food.
This tasty cookie recipe uses spelt flour rather than wheat, so there’s a lot less gluten, and a combination of honey and stevia instead of sugar. Not only is it a much more healthy option, it’s also super quick and easy to make.
Vanilla Spelt Cookie Recipe
- 4oz/120g butter
- 1 tbsp stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw local honey
- 6oz/180g spelt flour
- Cream together the butter, stevia, vanilla extract and honey.
- Add in the flour, mixing to an even consistency.
- Spoon out portions of the cookie dough and make into balls.
- Place the dough balls onto a baking tray and press down with the back of a fork.
- Pre-heat the oven to 150C (adjust as required if not using a fan oven).
- Bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then serve any that you don’t eat yourself.