There’s nothing like a party to lift spirits and bring people together, especially a party for two. Have a special occasion together to celebrate something. And no, I don’t mean your birthday or wedding anniversary – that’s only three times in a year. Get creative, think of excuses to celebrate.
The celebration doesn’t have to be extravagant – stick to your budget. It’s the act of being grateful for something together that’s important.
Here’s a list of 5 headings along with a few ideas to get you started:
1. Your Family
– Getting pregnant/new arrival.
– Children sleeping through the night.
– Being discharged from a hospital stay.
– A child getting engaged or married.
2. Your Home
– Exchanging contract for sale/purchase of your home.
– Anniversary of moving in to your home.
– Planning approval for a renovation.
– Finished decorating a room.
– Booking a holiday.
– That you have a job.
– Marking a milestone or completion of a big project.
– Celebrate a promotion.
– Completed your tax return before the deadline.
– Paying off a loan/mortgage.
– Receiving an unexpected financial (or other) gift.
If you’re a person of faith, take time to celebrate and consider the fundamentals:
– Sins forgiven.
– Hope for the future.
– Friendship with God.
What other “excuses” are there to celebrate? Share your ideas with us in the comments below.